How to start a WordPress blog? Today I want to tell the best way to effectively and step by step make your own WordPress blog.
Because blogging has completely changed some people’s lives. If they can, why can’t we? I started already, you can start now. I’ve been a full-time blogger for a few days. Now I show you how to start a WordPress blog.
Now, it just takes 10-15 minutes to set up your own blog and I’ve haggled with Bluehost so all Positivity Blog perusers can get their own blog beginning at just $2.95 every month.
How to start a WordPress blog? Click here to start a WordPress blog, and then just follow along with the step-by-step instructions below to go through this simple and quick process.
(Note: This free guide contains affiliate links. So I earn a commission if you decide to purchase via one of them.)
Why not go for free webhosting (How to start a wordpress blog)
Before we begin with the viable piece of this guide I’d prefer to address one of the most widely recognized inquiries I get about blogging:
Wouldn’t I be able to simply pursue a free blog at for instance Blogger?
I would not suggest that and here’s the reason:
- On the off chance that you’re on a free blogging stage, at that point, you may not be paid attention to as you’d like by perusers and organizations (that may need purchase from you, publicize on your site or recruit you for an outsourcing work).
- You won’t have full control over your site. This implies, for instance, that the free blogging stage supplier can embed undesirable promotions on your site and that you will be unable to adapt the site as you’d like by for instance utilizing different advertisements or subsidiary projects
So on the off chance that you need bring in cash from your site as they’re done and make a side-pay – or in time a full-time pay – you should act naturally facilitated so you have full command over your substance, structure, and brand and all choices open with regards to adapting the site (How to start a WordPress blog)
Step 1: One choose your web hosting
If you’re starting a blog then I highly recommend Bluehost. Why?
- 2 million use it and it is suggested by the best. Bluehost controls more than 2 million sites everywhere throughout the world. Furthermore, it is suggested by WordPress itself and by the absolute generally regarded and best bloggers there resembles Problogger.com and Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income.
- One tick installer. A second significant explanation is that they have what’s known as a single tick installer. What’s more, that is actually what it seems like. You press a catch and afterward, you have a WordPress blog simply like mine set up.
- You’ll be self-hosted. What’s more, that is a major advantage as I’ve just referenced.
- You get a free domain name. This is address to your site (dig’s for example positivityblog.com).
- A free SSL Certificate. You can utilize this to include an additional layer of security to your site (this is something Google and numerous others are getting intense about in 2018).
- 24/7 Support. With the goal that you can pose inquiries or get help at whatever point you need it.
- 30-day money-back guarantee. In the event that you’re not content with them, at that point you’ll get a discount.
Click here to open bluehost in a new tab and start your journey.
Now just follow the simple step-by-step instructions below that’ll guide you through the 5-10 minute set-up process.
Step 2: Buy your hosting package (How to start a WordPress blog)
I use images from the Bluehost website during this step to make things easy to follow.
Click the Get Started button in the new window you just opened.
On the next page choose which one of the 3 webhosting plans you want.
After you’ve done that you get to choose your own domain name on the page shown below (use the new domain section).
And on the following page, you choose if you want 12, 24, or 36 months of hosting and then simply type in your account and payment information. (How to start a WordPress blog)
Here you can also choose if you want any of the extras like domain privacy or site backup – I’d skip them but it’s up to you – and then you put in your payment information and click submit.
Step 3: Setup your WordPress blog by using the one-click installer
You’ve now purchased your domain name and hosting package and you have gained admittance to what’s known as the Cpanel (this is your control board for your Webhosting account).
As you sign into the cpanel you may see a message that reveals to you that you can have Bluehost introduce the WordPress site for you.
But that comes at a cost and it’s very easy to do it yourself for free.
- First, locate the blue Install WordPress symbol on your Cpanel page and snap it. This is the single tick installer.
- On the following page basically round out a couple of alternatives there. Make certain to set both a convoluted Admin Username (don’t utilize administrator as a username) and Password. This will make your site a mess progressively secure against assaults. Record the username and secret key on paper and keep it someplace where you can without much of a stretch discover it when you need it.
- Then click the Install button and your site/blog is made in a split second.
- You’ll then get the site address for where you sign into your site. There you just sort in your administrator username and your secret key and afterward you’re prepared to begin composing and forming your own one of a kind site or blog.
Ok, so now you’ve set up your blog. What’s next? (How to start a WordPress blog)
9 Important Steps to Take from Here…How to start a WordPress blog
1. Choose the theme for your site.
The theme of the blog is just what it looks like. Also, there is a huge amount of free themes you can browse to discover the plan that you need to for yourself and your site.
To discover free theme to browse and to give a shot just be signed in to your WordPress site and afterward in the left segment click Appearance and afterward the catch that says Add New. You will currently be given numerous themes to look over, both the most recent ones that have been included and the most well known ones that are out there.
Take some time here and pick one you truly like and think would accommodate your character, thought or brand. Also, don’t stress over picking the ideal one, you can generally return at whatever point you like and pick another with only a couple of snap.
There are likewise numerous excellent subjects for WordPress that cost a touch of cash however then you get additional capacities and backing to contact when you run into specialized difficulty.
2. Install a few helpful plugins that will make your life easier and improve your blog.
Plugins are little projects that you introduce to your WordPress site. A large number of them are free and some of them are premium modules that generally cost a modest quantity of cash.
To find and install a free and WordPress-approved plugin to your site first snap Plugins in the left section on your site that you are signed into. And afterward, click the catch that says Add New.
You will be given plugin that is Featured as of now yet you can likewise, for instance, observe what plugins are generally well known on the planet (these will, in general, be introduced on a huge number of sites and are clearly exceptionally accommodating for heaps of individuals).
5 of my favorite plugins from the I use on my website:
- Akismet Anti-spam. This one puts the spam remarks that individuals attempt to add to my blog entries directly into the virtual refuse container. An outright need since remark spam can rapidly turn crazy.
- W3 Total Cache. This plugin causes your site to stack quicker and to put less weight on your Webhosting account. This is significant in light of the fact that many utilize advanced mobile phones to peruse the web today and on the off chance that your site doesn’t stack rapidly for them, at that point they are probably going to proceed onward to another site. It’s additionally a fundamental module if a bit of your substance turns into a web sensation. On the off chance that you don’t have it introduced at such a period, at that point your site is probably going to crash, and above all those potential new perusers and fans will just observe a blunder page. I’ve been in that circumstance and it’s unpleasant.
- Wordfence Security. This module shields my site from being hacked (such endeavors are more typical than you may suspect).
- WP Forms Lite. A simple method to set up a contact structure where perusers can get in touch with me and that keeps the spam messages far away from me.
- Easy Social Share Buttons. An extremely adaptable module for including web-based social networking catches and a lot more things identified with online networking to your site. It’s not free, yet you just need to make a one-time installment of $19 to utilize it for some, numerous years.
3. Investigation a piece. (How to start a WordPress blog)
Investigation a piece with look of your site.
Try various hues and structure alternatives. Would you like to a beautiful blog or a moderate one? Do you need a lot of things in the sidebar or perhaps not sidebar by any stretch of the imagination
Get plan motivation from different sites. Be that as it may, don’t take anything.
Add a logo to the highest point of your site. I made mine by utilizing Photoshop. In any case, you can for instance pay somebody at Fiverr several dollars to do it or utilize free designs and photograph altering programming like GIMP (accessible both for Windows and Mac).
4. Make your first bit of substance.
Since you’re finished with the underlying specialized arrangement it’s an ideal opportunity to begin distributing your own substance on the site.
A bunch of rules for making that content that have functioned admirably for me are (these models are for blog entries since that is the thing that I have done the most yet they function admirably for web recordings or video as well):
Focus on making esteem.
This is the most significant thing. Since it’s what individuals that go to your site need. Presently, what is esteem? It could, for example, be commonsense tips and help. Or on the other hand something interesting. Or then again something energizing and engaging.
Focus on your interests.
At the point when you make content based around what you are energetic about you’ll be excited. You’ll go the additional mile and put in that additional work that encourages you to establish an incredible connection. You won’t tire or get exhausted so without any problem. And the entirety of this will assist you with creating great and worth filled substance.
Create content around the themes that your crowd is generally inspired by.
Answer a typical inquiry from your crowd or potentially the individuals throughout your life in a blog entry. Or on the other hand share your greatest difficulties that you’ve had up until this point (all things considered, it’s a major test for a ton of others as well).
Add a picture or a couple to your first blog entry to make it far superior.
I use Pexels to discover free and extremely top notch pictures for my blog entries.
Proofread your post so anyone can hear.
It might sound somewhat abnormal however reciting the post so anyone can hear is an old columnist tip that will push you to all the more effectively discover botches in what you composed.
Be patient and kind towards yourself.
Your first blog entry or video will in all likelihood not be the best one you’ll ever do. Try not to thrash yourself about that. Consider it to be a learning experience and spotlight on gaining consistent ground and making better and better substance after some time.
5. Make one online networking represent your site (from the outset).
One major issue that a lot of new site proprietors run into is that they invest a lot of energy in online life and too brief period on making new substances on their sites.
They check their web based life accounts 5 or 10 times each day.
What’s more, spread themselves far over such a large number of social locales.
An answer for the main test is to just check your web-based life once every day, toward the finish of your workday (regardless of on the off chance that you take a shot at your site full-time or just for an hour in the nights). This guarantees the greater part of your concentration and vitality goes to making substance and making arrangements for what’s to come.
Furthermore, a great tip for the subsequent one is to just concentrate on one web-based life website from the outset.
Pick the one you like the most yourself and use secretly. Or then again do some examination and see what social site is the most significant in your specialty since this can contrast a lot. On the off chance that you’re for example a food blogger, at that point, Pinterest is a major one, and on the off chance that you have a neighborhood site, at that point, Facebook might be your most logical option. (How to start a WordPress blog)
I focus mostly on Facebook for my social media presence.
I hope you’ve found how to start a WordPress blog
If you want to create a blog site please click my affiliate link. see the link in this post or sidebar.